Columbia County’s biggest airport is conveniently located within the city limits and urban growth boundary of the City of Scappoose. Owned and operated by the Port of St. Helens, the Scappoose Industrial Airpark is a public use facility. The airport uses the three-letter designation SPB, provided by the FAA. Several private aviation and manufacturing companies are headquartered at the Airpark.
The Airpark covers 196 acres and sits at an elevation of 58 feet above mean sea level. It has a single 15/33 asphalt runway that measures 5,100 ft by 100 ft. The FAA designates this airport as General Aviation, meaning that use is for civil aviation operations other than scheduled air services and non-scheduled air transport operations for hire. General aviation generally ranges from gliders to corporate jets. Additionally, General Aviation is most-often used for flying clubs, agricultural aviation, manufacturing/maintenance, and flight training.
- Located one mile Northeast of Scappoose
- Second busiest non-towered general aviation airport in Oregon. Currently at 60,000 operations/yr
- Provides “reliever” capabilities to Hillsboro and Portland International
- Home of Oregon Aero, Overall Aircraft Services (aka Evergreen Aviation), NW Antique Airplane Club, Sherpa Aircraft, Sport Copter,Columbia Aviation
- Fixed Based Operator: Transwestern Aviation
- Airport Advisory Committee meets: last Monday, every other month, 5:00 pm, locations may vary
- Acreage available within and outside the airport boundary
- 2:58 PM PST on February 23, 2017
- 6:00 AM PST on February 24, 2017
Today is forecast to be nearly the same temperature as yesterday. Snow to start, then rain.
High 42° / Low 26°
Snow during the morning will give way to rain showers during the afternoon. High 42F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
High 47° / Low 32°
Mostly sunny skies. High 47F. Winds light and variable.
High 42° / Low 31°
Rain and snow in the morning, with scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 42F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 90%.