Columbia County’s biggest airport is conveniently located within the city limits and urban growth boundary of the City of Scappoose. Owned and operated by the Port of St. Helens, the Scappoose Industrial Airpark is a public use facility. The airport uses the three-letter designation SPB, provided by the FAA. Several private aviation and manufacturing companies are headquartered at the Airpark.
The Airpark covers 196 acres and sits at an elevation of 58 feet above mean sea level. It has a single 15/33 asphalt runway that measures 5,100 ft by 100 ft. The FAA designates this airport as General Aviation, meaning that use is for civil aviation operations other than scheduled air services and non-scheduled air transport operations for hire. General aviation generally ranges from gliders to corporate jets. Additionally, General Aviation is most-often used for flying clubs, agricultural aviation, manufacturing/maintenance, and flight training.
- Located one mile Northeast of Scappoose
- Second busiest non-towered general aviation airport in Oregon. Currently at 60,000 operations/yr
- Provides “reliever” capabilities to Hillsboro and Portland International
- Home of Oregon Aero, Overall Aircraft Services (aka Evergreen Aviation), NW Antique Airplane Club, Sherpa Aircraft, Sport Copter,Columbia Aviation
- Fixed Based Operator: Transwestern Aviation
- Airport Advisory Committee meets: last Monday, every other month, 5:00 pm, locations may vary
- Acreage available within and outside the airport boundary
- 12:44 PM PDT on March 26, 2017
- 4:44 PM PDT on March 27, 2017
Today is forecast to be Warmer than yesterday. Showers.
High 54° / Low 42°
Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. High 54F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
High 54° / Low 45°
Overcast with rain showers at times. High 54F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
High 54° / Low 41°
A steady rain in the morning. Showers continuing in the afternoon. High 54F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.